PDA

View Full Version : July 9th quick trip

Weeman
10-07-2006, 08:39 AM
The girlfriend had agreed to come with me to Germany, after several of my dutch friends decided to stay at home, as the didn't fancy getting up at 7am. I had to bribe the missus with offer of a picnic, so i was up even earlier making sandwiches and packing the car with folding chairs , coolboxs and blankets.

When i arrived at 11,30 ish the track was closed, cars parked up both sides, of the road too and from the roundabout. I decided , Rather my Girlfriends stomach decided that it was almost time for lunch, so i decided stupidly that .... " hey, we'll have a walk to adenauer Forst" Quickly regretted after the girlfriend, lumbered me with both chairs and the cool box, as her flip flop's were hurting. I bet you the first woman ever to climb everest did it in Inappropriate footwear.

Once we were up there, we had a good time, ring taxi, viper and a newbie UK Tuscan providing most of the sideways and over the grass entertainment. While we were there, there were a few closures mainly due to bikers, although later in the day, one of the "quick" GT3 RS's was sat in its trailer, looking very sick indeed.
Eventually once all the tuna sandwiches were gone, and the missus had read the morning paper she had brought, and was "offically" bored, i decided to head back up to the Car park.

http://www.ring-action.de/data/media/420/IMG_1778.jpg

It was surprisingly empty, and following the Girlfriends previous statement of " The golf is more boring than a clio on the ring" I thought i'd go show her its potential, despite saying that i would be limiting the laps in the golf (company car) until i get a suitable car of my own to use.

There was a fair bit of traffic, but despite that, the girlfriend still found the time to shout "thats quick enough thankyou" as the speedo showed 230 kph just before Schwedenkreuz. There were roadworks and 50 signs up from Just beyond Miss hit miss to the tight left before the drop to Adenau. The rest of the lap once through the roadworks was consisted of passing lots of scumball rally cars, and despite costing less than the remaining contents of the Cool box in the boot, were surprisingly well driven, with all the cars i passed, pulling over, and indicating.

http://people.freenet.de/fotos-nordschleife/2006-07-09/images/IMG_2304.jpg

The girlfriend then stopped telling me to slow down, and laughed as i went into Brunnchen 2 carrying as usual 30 kph's of extra showboat speed, and understeering and squealing out to the rumble strip, The rest of the run in, was then slowed by bikers and just before the Mini Carusell there was a R6 down, and a strange German Modded Nissan micra had just stopped, I slowed to almost a stop, but the biker was up, and giving the thumbs up, so traffic contined. Lap ended with the Girlfriends stern statement of " Ok ok, you made your point"

Popped down to pflanzgarten for 20 minutes and when the girlfriend was suitably bored once again and her sighs were louder than the sound of locking brakes, We went home to watch the footy. Ahhh the benefits of living close by, I'm going again next weekend, Girlfriend will be working thankgod, soon as the open a outlet shopping centre in Nurburg the better. Still it beats a sunday at B+Q :)

Some random pics to follow, when the good lady finds time to download them off her Camera.

Karl
10-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Bloody Nora, Weeman, I can't read that, it's all words, can't you split it up into paragraphs or something? :lol:

Simon
10-07-2006, 08:47 AM
I read it as written, breathing out at the end :lol:

Sounds as if you had fun, even with the Girlfriend along for the ride :whistle:

Weeman
10-07-2006, 08:59 AM
LOL I thought it was a bit dodgy, give me a Mo, haha

There ya go Karl, broke it up a bit, although its doubtful it makes it any better to read lol :)

leavingeasy
10-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Great report- am loving the description of the g/f, you sum it all up so well!!

Karl
10-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Excellent :lol: :thumb:

It sure was busy yesterday, too busy for me to venture out :ph43r:

Weeman
10-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Added a link and a pic i found, once again Rene takes a great picture. :D

shaskins
10-07-2006, 12:44 PM
saw the porker at the beginning of the day, wonder where that happenend? I only stuck around for the morning, the track was practically empty so whittled off a few laps and set off home. Interesting to see 3 porker GT's, now what I would give to have a play in one of those :)

Nige
10-07-2006, 04:23 PM
I read this with my wife reading over my shoulder. She laughed at a few points, I think secretly she was agreeing with your girlfriend......

Nige.

Simon
11-07-2006, 07:47 AM
I've already had the conversation with my wife where she suggests that if we go back to the apartment for a break i will be off to the ring like a shot :o What does she take me for ;)

jon_r
11-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Having met Weeman's girlfriend, I suggest next time ill keep her company mate ;)

Weeman
12-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Best way to describe the look of this picture is.... " NOT AMUSED"

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c8/duchess1976/CandMe.jpg

DAN THE MAN
12-07-2006, 09:54 PM
nice humour! :D