PDA

View Full Version : 25 - 29th May

JudeM
05-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Well a week since we left and cold turkey not going well at all, I well and truly have Ringworm after my second visit. :(

What a totally magical place this is. :affection: The weather was an adventure in itself. I went with IanH Red Audi A3 3.2 V6, and what a ride in the wet! The rain meant that Ian could practise his lines and get quicker and smoother (Ooh er missus) :P and certainly the Quattro meant that nothing came past us on those very wet laps. I had some super Pax laps with Paul in the Noble, (awesome), Jon in a yellow Evo III (my sideways lap!!) My gentlemans lap with Brian in his Rover ZR 160, Nigel in his Black Mazda 6, (Ian's playmate) Clare with her girl power, wish I could drive round like that. My 1 and only lap was a lot slower. ;)

We stayed at 2 seperate hotels the Blau Ecke, in Adenau which had been recently renovated. Very comfortable and good being in town for places to go at night. We ate at Pinnochio's very good Italian with good atmosphere. (huge pizzas). Then the 2nd was Wilhelmshohe at Auderath this was about a 15 mile drive gorgeous food but not very convenient. We ate at Pistenklaus on the Saturday night, great food and fantastic atmosphere. Also quite cool having Sabine bring me my G and T. :)

The one thing that surprised me on my 1st visit and more so on my 2nd is that it isn't just about the laps, amazing as they are. The people make the time there, I feel so at home chatting to everyone and have made some really good friends, Helen is now my regular text mate x

The one thing I kept saying last time, and was even more apparent this time, was "You have to respect The Ring" it was mind blowing on those wet periods looking at all the crunches. We were taking photos at Adenau Forst waiting for some fellow viewers mate to come through in his Yellow Evo VIII when we heard 2 very loud bangs, a heart stopping moment as they ran down through the wood to see if it was him. It wasn't, he came hairing through, but it was the yellow BMW M3 we later saw the results (which Ian has posted as 1 of his photos,) very sobering!! As was the bike accident, hard to explain how we have these little moments, think about them, then carry on.

Ian's Ring Photos (http://ian-howell.fotopic.net/c976308_1.html)

A totally amazing visit, we are now planning out next weekend of 18th August, I will hopefully have a few more laps myself and some more fantasic experience as a passenger.

Thank you to you all for making this such a very special place :affection:

Gary Kinghorn
05-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the comments Jude.

Gary

Fishy Dave
05-06-2006, 01:38 PM
The one thing that surprised me on my 1st visit and more so on my 2nd is that it isn't just about the laps, amazing as they are. The people make the time there, I feel so at home chatting to everyone and have made some really good friends, Helen is now my regular text mate x

I agree completely, well, all except for Helen being a text mate, although if she would like to be.... ;) :D

Root admin
05-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Yay Jude, thanks for the report! Hope I didn't bully you too much into posting!!

Was a brilliant time this weekend, I mean, most of them are for different reasons, but to have all these people together who all know each other from a website is funny.

Look forward to seeing you again. We may not be able to do August, but who knows....

Take care
Clare

JudeM
05-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Fishy Dave@Jun 5 2006, 01:38 PM

I agree completely, well, all except for Helen being a text mate, although if she would like to be.... ;) :D
Well Im sure if you say Hi on next visit...... :D

JudeM
05-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Clare@Jun 5 2006, 01:48 PM
Yay Jude, thanks for the report! Hope I didn't bully you too much into posting!!

Was a brilliant time this weekend, I mean, most of them are for different reasons, but to have all these people together who all know each other from a website is funny.

Look forward to seeing you again. We may not be able to do August, but who knows....

Take care
Clare
Not at all, think now I've started I can't stop!! It's helping with the withdrawal symptoms, as good as a self help group :huh: :D

GVK
05-06-2006, 07:14 PM
double post.

GVK
05-06-2006, 07:15 PM
It's nice to read stuff from a different perspective :thumb:

It sometimes feels odd to walk up to a total stranger that you know of from a forum or mailing list when at the 'ring or a trackday/show,but over the years I've met some brilliant people and people I can genuinelly call proper decent friends :affection: :affection: :affection: :affection: :affection: :gayfight:

It's all good IMO! :thumb: :wave: :wave: :D

It's one reason why I always have a simple log in too...

Imagine signing is as Betty Swallocks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Betty Swallocks?

Yeh, mate it is hot.... ! :huh: :huh: :huh: :D