PDA

View Full Version : First timer - Report

ben
16-07-2008, 11:15 AM
So, where to begin......

After years and years of wanting to visit and drive the nurburgring, i can finally say i've done it and loved it! What an experience!

On wednesday evening last week my uncle in his WR1 impreza and I, in my DC2 set off for what was going to be an unforgettable trip!

I'll skip the pretty uneventful drive over and get right into the good stuff....

We arrived around lunchtime on Thursday where we managed to find our way to the campsite and get setup.

As soon as the tents were up i set about giving the car a once over making sure everything was as it should be while the mrs cracked on with the fry up!! :D

By this time the loop was open so we headed up to buy out very first ticket :shame: I was nervous and didn't know exactly what to expect, but after reading and researching as much as i felt i could absorb i felt i was ready.

So this was it, i drove up to the barrier, popped my ticket in the machine, and i drove very steadily out on to the loop. I can't remmeber the last time i was that excited and nervous at the same time! I couldn't beleive i was actually driving the nurburgring at last! I took my time and kept a good look out in my mirrors as i was passed by many a porsche! :whistle: I just soaked it up and enjoyed it with a huuuuuge smile on my face all the way round and even when i came out the other side, i just kept on smiling, the feeling of driving it was just epic!

I think i did 14 laps in total over the wkend and loved each one. I can't wait to go back again and, again and, again!!!

All i can do is reccomend the experience to anyone who hasn't done it!
I'd like to thank all you guys for putting the site together because it provided so much useful information to get us up and running safely and quickly!

Looking forward to our next trip, whenever that might be and hopefully meeting some of you guys and not just seeing your cars in the car park :drink:

Nige
16-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by ben@Jul 16 2008, 12:15 PM
I can't wait to go back again and, again and, again!!!
Join the club :lol:

Great to hear you had a fabulous time and made it in one piece. You have the same disease that affects most people once they have driving the ring, it is so damn addictive :thumb:

ben
16-07-2008, 11:29 AM
addictive is one word to describe it!! :lol:

i forgot to mention how impressed with the way the dc2 handled it, it took a fair beating and just seemed to love it. The handling was spot on too, i just fancy trying some semi slicks next time! B)

i'll try and post a couple of pics we took over the wkend up aswell when i get time

Simon
16-07-2008, 11:29 AM
The place does give you a buzz :whistle:

I saw the WR1 a couple of times on the Sunday :thumb:

ben
16-07-2008, 11:32 AM
yeah the fool was having trouble with traction......too many psi's!!!

he wouldn't listen to me though :flamethrower:

Simon
16-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by ben@Jul 16 2008, 12:32 PM
yeah the fool was having trouble with traction......too many psi's!!!

he wouldn't listen to me though :flamethrower:
1 more excuse to add to the long list :whistle:

StuartE
16-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by ben@Jul 16 2008, 11:29 AM
i just fancy trying some semi slicks next time!
A well driven DC2 can get round quick enough on normal road tyres to be honest, and without destroying them aswell.

ben
17-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by StuartE@Jul 16 2008, 04:40 PM
A well driven DC2 can get round quick enough on normal road tyres to be honest, and without destroying them aswell.
yeah it was getting round really well and not eating them away. i wasn't hanging about by the end of the trip either.

Dave SS
17-07-2008, 05:47 PM
take Nige out if you see him over there, he's dying to have a ride out in one :D

ben
21-07-2008, 01:56 PM
the way money is at the moment it'll prob be next spring but i'd be glad to do pax laps now i know it better

Gary Kinghorn
22-07-2008, 06:43 AM
It's always great to read a newbies report. Very refreshing :thumb: