PDA

View Full Version : easter.

Dan Lord
18-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Not one for writing/tapping much,but had a fantastic weekend,bought a season ticket and did 35 laps,managed a real 9.22 lap in the astra Gsi and it would only do 90 from adenau to the karussel,so i thought that was pretty good.
The new lane system is brilliant,once your in the circuit...ooops...de-restricted toll road area,its easy to get in and out and around the car park.
Did about 12 laps in the soaking wet and the car was very well behaved,which i found just as enjoyable,its amazing how much easier it is to go quick in a front wheel drive car,but even tho i am not that quick in a rear wheel drive i still cannot wait to go back in the 993 and try out all the new lines i found(finally found all the dots) at the end of May.
Cheers to the guy(alan)i think who came and said hello,your mates beemer went well this weekend,hope you got back ok....the eurotunnel wasnt as easy as it usually is and was a bit backed up due to signalling probs.
Cheers Dan. :D

Gary Kinghorn
18-04-2006, 01:16 PM
cheers for the comments Angry, sounds like you had a good time.

Lets hope the tunnel is back to proper working order by 28th.

How long were you delayed by?

Gary

Dan Lord
19-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Our booked time was 22.33,which was delayed 1 and a half hours,but also we got there about 6pm(we usually get on the next train f.o.c or once we had to pay 30 euros)but they would not let us go earlier,and for anybody turning up on the spot they wouldnt allow them to buy a ticket because of the backlog,there were some very unhappy people at the info point.
All in all to the point of passport control it was about 5 hours sitting around :argue:

Gary Kinghorn
19-04-2006, 02:53 PM
They let you on early if they have room as a general rule ..... On a busy weekend like Easter I guess they were full to the rafters....... 1 1/2 hour delay is not good though, quicker to go by ferry.

Gary